As I am a man of the people or furry wall ( if you only knew what happened on Halloween) I shall share my secret recipe on how to make BANANA WITH TAPIOCA PUDDING AND COCONUT MILK. I may or may have stolen this recipe from someone else years ago. But now I own it so its fat guy from Brooklyn Warm or frozen Bananas with Tapioca pudding and coconut milk. YES THAT’S RIGHT FOR A LIMITED TIME I WILL BEING GIVING YOU 2! recipes since you are such a loyal readers/ visitors.
1/2 vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
1 can 14 oz (398 ml) coconut milk
1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) medium tapioca pearls
2 ripe bananas
4 teaspoons (20 ml) lemon juice
2 egg yolks
- With the tip of a knife, split the vanilla bean in half. Remove the seeds. In a double boiler, heat the milk, coconut milk, 60 ml (1/4 cup) of sugar, salt, vanilla pod and seeds. Sprinkle in the tapioca while stirring. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until the tapioca is translucent.
- In a food processor, purée 1 and 1/2 of the bananas with half the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Dice the remaining banana and toss with the remaining lemon juice .
- If you would like to do it with frozen bananas just throw them in the freezer and add them right before you serve. thaw them out a bit so you dont break your teeth.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolks and the remaining sugar with a whisk. Add the mashed bananas. Stir into the tapioca mixture. Continue cooking while stirring until the pudding thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the vanilla pod. If you are using vanilla extract, add it at this time. Remove from the heat. Add the diced bananas.
- Serve warm or cold.
Yes that counts as 2 recipes because its making it 2 ways. Evil laugh Eat up people! You only live once.